Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Half done hooking up compressor in the factory

On 2011-10-11, Ignoramus20811 wrote:

[ ... ]

That said, I am about half done hooking up the compressor. The
compressor is a 10 HP Quincy model 350 compressor, ($200). My home 7.5
HP one will soon be sold.

[ ... ]

The shop does have compressed air plumbing, although it is somewhat
undersized, all pipes are 1/2". But I can live with it.

Once you get it running, find the most distant air outlets, and
run them until the water stops flowing. Them move towards the
compressor, repeating with the other outlets. Finally, check back at
the end to make sure that none snuck by while you were draining the
other outlets.

Remember -- just because *you* are installing an air dryer,
there is no certainty that the previous owners did. You may be lucky,
and find out that they did.

I remember when I used to work for a certain company in this
area, if you started to use an air drop which had just been hanging
there for a while, you had to expect to get a lot of water out of it
before you got any air.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564