Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20811 Ignoramus20811 is offline

Default Half done hooking up compressor in the factory

I have decided that it is not proper to call my business location a
warehouse. The proper name for it is factory, because it was built to
house machines that make stuff.

That said, I am about half done hooking up the compressor. The
compressor is a 10 HP Quincy model 350 compressor, ($200). My home 7.5
HP one will soon be sold.

First, it is placed in its intended spot, with carpet under the legs.

Second, the outlet for the compressor was not hooked up, and I had to
do some digging and thinking to find the wires in one of the breaker
panels. That took about an hour to understand.

I put a heavy duty 30a disconnect ($5) on the wall and right now, the
motor is hooked up directly to the disconnect, for test purposes of
course. The compressor seems to run quietly enough to nor be
disturbing.

Next thing will be putting in a magnetic starter for it (should be
easy, once I get the conduit fittings). I have a starter on hand ($40).

After this, I need to connect the 175 CFM Pneumatech air dryer ($50)
to it.

The shop does have compressed air plumbing, although it is somewhat
undersized, all pipes are 1/2". But I can live with it.