Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default ASUS motherboard battery replacement?

A friend has an Asus P5N32-SLI motherboard. The battery
is held in a black plastic frame that grips the battery
in four places, say 2-4-8-10 o'clock on the battery.
At 6 o'clock on the battery are two little metal
spring clips. I don't see how to get the battery out
of the holder. The black plastic frame is an integral
part of the assembly, the tabs parts holding the
battery are part of the base.

Stenciling on the MB suggest that maybe the entire
assembly is to slide sideways, but I see no way
to effect this.

I am hoping that someone who has already faced this
problem will read this and give me a clue.

Thanks.