Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ASUS motherboard battery replacement?

A friend has an Asus P5N32-SLI motherboard. The battery
is held in a black plastic frame that grips the battery
in four places, say 2-4-8-10 o'clock on the battery.
At 6 o'clock on the battery are two little metal
spring clips. I don't see how to get the battery out
of the holder. The black plastic frame is an integral
part of the assembly, the tabs parts holding the
battery are part of the base.

Stenciling on the MB suggest that maybe the entire
assembly is to slide sideways, but I see no way
to effect this.

I am hoping that someone who has already faced this
problem will read this and give me a clue.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 23:27:23 +0000 (UTC), root
wrote:

A friend has an Asus P5N32-SLI motherboard. The battery
is held in a black plastic frame that grips the battery
in four places, say 2-4-8-10 o'clock on the battery.
At 6 o'clock on the battery are two little metal
spring clips. I don't see how to get the battery out
of the holder. The black plastic frame is an integral
part of the assembly, the tabs parts holding the
battery are part of the base.

Stenciling on the MB suggest that maybe the entire
assembly is to slide sideways, but I see no way
to effect this.

I am hoping that someone who has already faced this
problem will read this and give me a clue.

Huh? According to this review:
http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/motherboards/1650_3.html
the battery for the P5N32-SLI motherboard is quite conventional. Is
this what you're battery holder looks like, or is it something
different?
http://www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/reviews/motherboards/1650_p3_14.jpg
Push the battery towards the metal clip that makes the + contact and
it will fall out over the 2 black plastic tabs on the opposite side.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

This one is different. Pix he

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=4399662016/a=3848097_3848097/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

--
Cheers, Bev
_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_|-_
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or he
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...us%20Battery/?

--
Cheers,
Bev

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look
of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs
think humans are nuts." -- John Steinbeck

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:02:51 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote:

Or he
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...us%20Battery/?

I don't see a connection between the little metal clip on the left and
the + side of the battery:
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/bashley1000/Asus%20Battery/?action=view&current=batt2.jpg
The battery may actually be good if the contact is not making a good
connection. A voltmeter will tell all.

My guess(tm) is that the two plastic clips on the side opposite the
metal clip will bend out of the way, releasing the battery. Wrap some
tape around the tip of a small screwdriver, shove it in the space
between the two plastic clips opposite the metal clip, and pry away
from the battery. The plastic clips should bend, releasing the
battery.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Or he
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...us%20Battery/?

I don't see a connection between the little metal clip on the left and
the + side of the battery:
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/bashley1000/Asus%20Battery/?action=view&current=batt2.jpg
The battery may actually be good if the contact is not making a good
connection. A voltmeter will tell all.

My guess(tm) is that the two plastic clips on the side opposite the
metal clip will bend out of the way, releasing the battery. Wrap some
tape around the tip of a small screwdriver, shove it in the space
between the two plastic clips opposite the metal clip, and pry away
from the battery. The plastic clips should bend, releasing the
battery.

There is simply no way the battery can come out from the top.
The four tabs on the mounting are an integral part of the
housing and cover too much of the battery to allow that.
I'll try to find some place to connect a voltmeter, but
the battery won't keep the date. It is five or six years
old. Most batteries last longer than that, but, who knows?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

root Inscribed thus:

wrote:

[...]

Jeff is right ! A small screwdriver inserted down the edge of the
battery opposite to the gap on the other side, gently lever the battery
towards the gap and it will jump out. Make sure that there is no power
to the machine, because the battery can land anywhere on the mainboard.

Fitting the new battery, insert the edge against the holder rim under
the two clips opposite the gap, making sure that the battery is the
correct way up, and press down until it clips into the holder.

Job done... :-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

In article , says...
root Inscribed thus:

wrote:

[...]

I usually just release the battery from the metal tab edge. It will pop
out using that method as well.

- Tim -