Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 15:16:40 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 9, 5:44*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 9, 8:14 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Try building a PT privacy fence.
A. PT wood is VERY wet
B. Many times pickets have to be cut to fit
C. The solution, I suppose, is a circular saw.

Now that must have been a difficult thought process! *I don't even use
my good circular saw on PT wood - the wood doesn't warrant it.

Uh, how do you get it to fit, gnaw the wood? Use a hand saw? Forget that
idea and erect chain-link? Screw the whole thing and let your chickens go
free-range?

Notice the comparative modifier in there? I use my beater saw to cut
beater wood. It's the same one I use to cut concrete with a diamond
blade if I don't have the cutoff saw. It's an old Makita 5007 that
refuses to die no matter how much I torture the poor sucker. The
thing hates me with a passion and I reciprocate the sentiment.

BTW, have you ever paid more than $150 for a tablesaw, new or used?
You're the Harbor Freight guy, so I tend to doubt it.

No, but I'll have to if SawStop has its way. I did buy an economy table saw
(used) just two days ago for $30 from a Craigslist ad.

It's going to be my retirement investment.

So the SawStop - indeed any new saw - won't affect you at all. Got
it.

First they came for the Jews...