Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:28:55 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Oct 9, 12:11Â*pm, wrote:

Â* I used to have a bad habit, as an apprentice mechanic, of sticking
my foot out to catch a dropped wrench etc, so it wouldn't skittar way
across the floor. One afternoon I went in to change the tanks on the
torch in regular shoes and the big two stage brass regulator slipped
from my hand.

That cured me of sticking my foot out to catch things!!!!!!

That's funny. I remember doing the same thing - sticking out my foot
to break the fall of the inanimate object. I don't recall when I
stopped doing that, but I'm sure it was an ouch! moment that did the
trick.

It was 2 months before I could wear a work boot, and over six before I
had a toe-nail again. Those old 2 stage brass regulators were
HEAVY!!!!