Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

Leon wrote:
On 10/9/2011 7:20 AM, HeyBub wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:18 pm, wrote:

Look for instructions on the web on how to defeat SawStop, thereby
saving $100 or so on the false positives.

Defeating the required SawStop will be as common as removing the
blade guard and might be as simple as clipping a couple of wires...

That should be just about as effective as clipping a couple of wires
inside your computer to circumvent Windows registration. Sheesh.

I said it "might" be as simple as clipping a couple of wires.
Defeating the saw stop may require buying an add-on electronic
module or maybe just removing the whole mechanism.

BTW, who exactly is "defeating" the SawStop? A business? An
individual?

Let's see how that works...
"Oh, I'm soooo sorry for you accident, Mr. HeyRube, but we at
Northwest South Federal Insurance and Bowling have investigated the
situation and since you "defeated" the safety mechanism, you're ****
out of luck. Would you be interested in adding your autos to your
insurance policy?"

And how does that conversation differ from one that would take place
after the owner removes the blade guard/splitter? Removing blade
guards is quite common; I've never seen a table saw in use (or for
sale on Craigslist) that had it's blade guard in place.

My impression is that neither conversation would take place because
the saw owner realizes the cause of the injury is entirely his.

That is pretty rich and explains your non founded hard on against
SawStop. You want to buy a premium saw and disable it's best feature.

SawStop turns even an economy saw into a "premium priced" saw.