Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 12:25:40 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/9/2011 11:05 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:02:11 -0500,
wrote:

On 10/9/11 12:22 AM,
wrote:
Ever try to cut dampish wood on a saw-stop equipped saw???
Gets real expensive and real difficult real fast.

Everything I've read says it's not a problem.
Even so, here's the real issue. Who's cutting soaking wet wood with a
table saw anyway? There are too many other concerns for me to be using
wet wood before I would even approach a table saw with it. If you're
using wood that's wet enough to set off the sawstop, then you deserve to
pay the stupid tax.

Does not need to be soaking wet. Had one go off at the woodworking
club when a guy had wiped down a peice of wood to accentuate the grain
so he cood see which side he wanted to be "exposed. He wiped it with a
damp rag, put it into the saw, and BANG!!!!!!

Sounds like the saw worked as designed. Was there much rust on the TS
top after that experiment?

Nope, the table top was always protected with a good coat of
boe-sheild - which APPARENTLY is not an insulator.