Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld

RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 9, 8:14 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 10/9/11 12:22 AM, wrote:

Ever try to cut dampish wood on a saw-stop equipped saw???
Gets real expensive and real difficult real fast.

Everything I've read says it's not a problem.
Even so, here's the real issue. Who's cutting soaking wet wood with
a table saw anyway? There are too many other concerns for me to be
using wet wood before I would even approach a table saw with it. If
you're using wood that's wet enough to set off the sawstop, then
you deserve to pay the stupid tax.

Try building a PT privacy fence.
A. PT wood is VERY wet
B. Many times pickets have to be cut to fit
C. The solution, I suppose, is a circular saw.

Now that must have been a difficult thought process! I don't even use
my good circular saw on PT wood - the wood doesn't warrant it.

Uh, how do you get it to fit, gnaw the wood? Use a hand saw? Forget that
idea and erect chain-link? Screw the whole thing and let your chickens go
free-range?

BTW, have you ever paid more than $150 for a tablesaw, new or used?
You're the Harbor Freight guy, so I tend to doubt it.

No, but I'll have to if SawStop has its way. I did buy an economy table saw
(used) just two days ago for $30 from a Craigslist ad.

It's going to be my retirement investment.