Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kipper at sea Kipper at sea is offline

Default Ridge Tile on Kent Peg roof

On Oct 9, 4:39*pm, sadsjon wrote:
Either way doesn’t matter, on top is easier but unsightly. I’ve always
been taught to put it over the top of the tiles under theridgeand
dress down over the valley tiles. Make sure you return the lead back
on its self at the end on theridgetree and the other end that goes
up the main roof goes under two tiles.

Thanks for the feedback, Kipper ..

In keeping with the row of other ridges that I can see up there I plan
to put the lead over the top, I know its unsightly but it will be in
keeping.

I believe that the turning up is not necessary but that I do need to,
I assume, fold the end of the lead over the top of the second course
of tiles up the main roof? Is there any other fixing needed? I have
some lead mastic ... do I really need that?

Fitted the ridge tiles today ... looks sweet - although it took a lot
of swearing :-)

cheers

jON

THe lead that goes under the tile up the main roof is just bent about
25mm or 1" over the top of the tile to act as a nib.