Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bending copper tubing

"Lyndell Thompson" fired this volley in
m:

Good idea, I will try it. I could leave the wire on it for extra
protection and wear resistance. 14 guage solid wire?

Steel wire will work better. Have you ever seen "spring benders"?

They're a little bit of a chore to get back off a tight bend, but they work
very well. I have a nice full set in my refrigeration kit. Just expect to
spend longer getting the bender back off the tubing than it took to put it
on and make the bend. Spin the bender in a direction to UNwind the spring,
and it will slowly screw itself off the tubing.

LLoyd