Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ignator[_2_] ignator[_2_] is offline

Default Solder question

On Oct 7, 10:36*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm making a wort chiller. *That's just a spiral of copper tubing to cool
boiling hot beer brew to put into the fermenter. *I need to join the ends,
and in the configuration it's in, it would be easier to use a sweat fitting
than a compression. *Is there any problem with that small amount of solder
regarding lead?

Steve

The last time I bought solder from a home store, it was lead free,
this was over 20 years ago.
I don't think you can get leaded solder unless it's for electronic
use. Even that has gone to RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
in electronic manufacture to non lead as pure tin.
Ignator