Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Oct 7, 4:13*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 3:34 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

I saw something rather practical the other day. *At some of the stops on
the
Autostrade (Italy) they had dual purpose solar panels. *the panels were
mounted on a pipe that was about 9' high in the parking areas. *They not
only made power, they gave customers shaded parking.

Where did you go in Italy, Ed? *I'm guessing you were sampling the
salsicce as you went. *

The first week we stayed in Rosano, just outside of Florence. *Drove over
the Futa Pass to Bolognia.

Wonderful area. I've stayed in Feisole a couple of times. My
favorite restaurant in the world is only about 10 km from Rosano in
Montebeni.

This week we are in Santa Maria di Castelleabate, a shore town below
Salerno. *The villa is right on the beach and has beautiful gardens.

Another great area...I guess they all are in Italy. Have you ever
visited Paestum and the Greek temples there? Pretty close to
Castellabate.

One
day we drove down to Paterno, the town where my wife's father was born.
Overall, it has been a fantastic tip. *We leave tomorrow to Milan and fly
out on Sunday.

I was only in Sicily the once, and I didn't get to spend much time
there. I'd like to go back and spend more time and visit the heel of
the boot around Bari. I'd really like to see the trulli.

You can see some pics here *http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x326/esp45/

There are a total of four albums.

Excellent - I look forward to checking them out. Thanks.

Not exactly in the same league, but today I went to Eataly. God I
hate the name! But it's a really good place if you like good Italian
food, and who doesn't?
http://eatalyny.com

That's the closest I've been to Italy in three years.