Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Just when you think .....

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:33:20 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .
you've heard it all ..........

Chicago has banned texting while bicycling.

What freedom do we lose next? ;-)

Steve

I live on a urban major arterial road. It is a state highway, a class II
truck route and sees 25000 vehicles each day.
Where I am at, this traffic is goes down one traffic lane and one parking
lane in each direction. During rush hour the parking lanes become traffic
lanes but that doesn't stop the occasional nitwit from leaving his car
there.

So, picture this. It's the height of rush hour, probably 1700 cars an hour,
swerving in and out of their lanes while they dodge parked cars and jockey
for position at the next stop light.

I look out my store window and watch as some moron on a bicycle ride by. He
is holding onto the handle bars with one finger on his left hand. He has his
glasses on his forehead and he is squinting at the phone in his right hand
as he types in a text message.

He managed to pass my view without getting flattened by a city bus, but if
he had, it's the bus driver who would be getting the blame.

If your in the roadway, you should be paying attention to the roadway and
the traffic. As far as I am concerned this includes drivers, bicyclists and
pedestrians.

Paul K. Dickman

Please include the examples with noise canceling earphones and the
volume on MAX and the ones with the sound systems that cause their
brake lights to reflect the beat.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada