Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towing vehicle with a rope

harry used his keyboard to write :
On Oct 7, 9:01*pm, hugh ] wrote:
In message , Andy Champ
writesOn 07/10/2011 18:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I don't think it is legal now, nor was it then.
AFAIK you can only tow a bike from another bike.
Interestingly the highway code now merely says "In the event of a
breakdown, be aware that towing a vehicle on a tow rope is potentially
dangerous. You should consider professional recovery." *And nothing
else at all.

Andy

Crossing the road is also potentially dangerous.
--
hugh

A real danger is if a pedestrian steps over the rope as you set off at
a road junction. (not realising towing is in progress).

Once had a male pedestrian climb between car and caravan on a city
centre, just as I was about to pull away at the lights. So climbing
over a tow rope would not surprise me at all.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)