Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
David Eather David Eather is offline

Default Carbon Filters for Water?

On 16/06/2011 11:59 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Carbon Filters for Water?

Anyone experienced with what to use to eliminate chlorine?

I'm trying to set up an automatic fill system for my aquarium.

RO requires a place to send waste water, and I have no drain
available, plus they waste an astronomic amount of water.

(I could dump it into a rose garden, but I worry that it would kill
the roses :-)

I only need about 2 gallons/day.

...Jim Thompson

I though it was the resin that knocked out the chlorine and the carbon
knocks out the organic compounds plus filters out suspended solids. Can
you use a standard water jug filter? Most claim to remove 80+ percent of
chlorine.

Aquarium water should be great for the garden.