Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED Headlamp Suggestions Sought

On 2011-10-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,
Erik wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the market for a good quality LED headlamp.

[ ... ]

I'm the original poster...

First of all, thanks to all for the good information.

I decided to go with, and bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-.../B0018J76MC/re
f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317972340&sr=8-1

It was on sale at a local camping place (A-16)... $64.95 - 25% for a
total of $48.71 (before tax/lic).

It does use 3 AA's but I'll live. I much prefer battery powered devices
that use even numbers of batteries, as they come packaged that way, and
that extra battery always bugs me.

Sometimes, you can find them packaged six to a pack, which
should solve your problem for the moment.

I'm using something made (or at least branded) by Eveready, with
a mixture of central spot, multiple floods, both at once, or red narrow
floods. It is somewhat ligher than what you got, apparently, as the
three AAAs which it uses live in the front compartment with everything
else.

It is sold by Home Depot (probably among other places, but that
is where I found mine -- right by the checkout counter where I could not
resist it. :-)

The lamp assembly hinges down so you can point it to workbench
surface if you need to.

I haven't checked it for strobing yet, as I use it on unpowered
equipment in tight places, or when doing detail work on electronic
repair, not mechanical.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564