Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Just when you think .....

Hawke wrote:

On it's face it may seem like texting while riding a bike should be your
own business. But you are on a moving vehicle and it has the potential
of hurting or even killing someone if you are not careful. Texting while
driving has been shown to be extremely dangerous, which is why it's banned.

I'm not surprised that the law has been applied to bicycles, and even
motorcycles. To me, anyone stupid enough to ride a bike and text
deserves a lot more than just a ticket.

Leaving the right wing stuff out, there are places where there needs to be something
between fiat rule and anarchy.

Between cell phones, cell phones and texting, and mp3 devices, I quit riding a road
bicycle because the road ways were getting more and more dangerous. I don't know if you
have those cut outs in the centerline and shoulder of the roadway but I think that was put
in to combat drivers that are playing with their electronic crap and not paying attention.

I'm pretty sure be you left or right, conservative, liberal, or libertarian, you are
likely going to support a few lines we don't cross to keep our most important freedom, our
right to our life intact.

Wes