Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Californica... Bwahahahahaha!

Martin Brown wrote:
On 26/05/2011 06:15, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:35:18 +0930, "no
wrote:

i got a broken arm.... paid not one red cent to get it fixed..

Like I said, there is no such thing as 'free' and while YOU may not
have paid for it SOMEONE did.

What he means is that at the time of emergency need it didn't cost him a
penny. You don't end up bankrupted here if you get seriously ill.

That is the mark of a civilised society - how it treats its weakest and
most vulnerable members. If you are unlucky enough to be seriously ill
in the USA then the chances are that unable to work you will not have
the money for proper treatment or will quickly run out of savings.

Yeah, but do you have numbers? How many are _TRULY_ "weak and vulnerable"
and how many are just working the system for a free ride at taxpayer
expense?

And this "got a broken arm" stuff - what negligent act was "no one"
performing when he broke his arm, or did some monster reach out of the
sky and grab him by the arm and break it for him?

The fundamental problem is, people do what they get paid to do. If you
pay people to be in poverty, by golly, they'll stay in poverty as long
as they can get paid for it. It's the same with teenage pregnancy and
universal health care - why should I bother to use the table saw safely
when I can get the taxpayers to fork over $60,000.00 to have my fingers
reattached?

Thanks,
Rich