Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Dave Dave is offline

Default Crap. Never mind... WAS Stupid question...

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Am trying to bias the JFET in the attached schematic to feed signal to the
following BJTs while keeping Vgs very near Pinch-Off. Works fine as long
as the batteries are fresh, but as they begin to wane Vgs surpasses
Pinch-Off (which is 4.0 volts for the JFET I am using, while I try to hold
it at 3.95 VDC.) It has been suggested that I use a BJT (configured for
Common Emitter) to do this, but I am in the dark as to how this might be
accomplished. ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

Okay, Murphy's Law rules. Was effecting a minor change in the biasing of
the JFET and when I hooked it all back up I let +12VDC hit the varactor D4
out of utter carelessness and too much wire where it wasn't needed. Now all
my varactors are blown and I may have damaged one or more transistors. Will
be back later after I have sorted all this out.

JT: Thanks for the input on the source resistor, but the NTE451 apparently
limits Id to 3mA by itself (much to my frustration). I don't need to do
that for it. What I do have to do is work with the 3mA it allows.
Anyway, I appreciate your input and may be back later if what I was trying
doesn't work to my satisfaction.

Thanks.

Dave