Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Relay Bounce

On 05/17/2011 12:53 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
As one who's never used a relay before in anything critical I come up
with a dumb question...

Do relays "bounce" when they are OPENING enough to re-contact?

Only if your circuit depends on them not bouncing.

I don't know for sure. But I would not only not be surprised if it
happened, I would not be surprised if it _didn't_ happen with one brand
of relay, and _did_ with another -- so even if you have a dozen on your
bench that don't bounce, I wouldn't count on all relays not bouncing.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services