Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Collett slipping

On 8/31/2011 9:16 AM, Keith wrote:
Well, I guess in trying to "simplify" my explanation I made a mess of it -

So - What I have is a Delta press and the piece I'm talking about is
like a collet with a morse taper liek that used on the tail stock of a
lathe. Is that clearer???

I.E. The morse taper part of it is releasing from the press itself.

Make sense now???

??? Yes, finally!

Sorry, Dude ... when trying to help someone using ASCII, terminology is
MOST important. I don't mind trying to help, but I don't want to be
wasting my time trouble shooting the brakes when the problem is with the
accelerator pedal.

With chucks on drill presses, cleanliness is next to godliness. Tapered
shanks and the sockets they go in must both be CLEAN.

There are tools available for cleaning if normal methods don't work.
DAGS, as it would be cheaper to try all cleaning avenues before
purchasing a new chuck trying to solve the problem.

99% of the time cleaning with a good solvent is all that is necessary.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010