Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Re Progress

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 5/21/2011 11:48 AM, Leon wrote:
For years I have been putting screws in from the inside of the drawer
and letting their points make impressions on the back side of the
false drawer front that was to be attached. Often it was difficult to
see the impressions and if any thing slipped you started over. Then
drill holes for the pulls and attach.

I new there had to be a better way. There is and it all boils down to
the order I do thingd now. NOW I determine the location of the pulls
and predrill for their screws in the outer false drawer front.
Next I shim the false drawer front to the location I want it to be
and attach the false front to the drawer with screws through the
predrilled drawer pull holes. Open the drawer and place the 4 inside
screws that will be the permanent fasteners for the false drawer
front. Remove the drawer pull screws and finish drilling those holes
completely through and attach your pulls.

Check the attached first try results.

Gorgeous!!!

--
Best regards