Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dave In Texas Dave In Texas is offline

Default Attaching drawer fronts the easy fast way

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
For years I have been putting screws in from the inside of the drawer
and letting their points make impressions on the back side of the false
drawer front that was to be attached. Often it was difficult to see the
impressions and if any thing slipped you started over. Then drill holes
for the pulls and attach.

I new there had to be a better way. There is and it all boils down to
the order I do thingd now. NOW I determine the location of the pulls
and predrill for their screws in the outer false drawer front.
Next I shim the false drawer front to the location I want it to be and
attach the false front to the drawer with screws through the predrilled
drawer pull holes. Open the drawer and place the 4 inside screws that
will be the permanent fasteners for the false drawer front. Remove the
drawer pull screws and finish drilling those holes completely through
and attach your pulls.

Check the attached first try results.

Say, Leon, where can I get me some of them plastic shims here in
Houston?

Dave in Houston