Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Attaching drawer fronts the easy fast way

On 5/21/2011 7:18 PM, Upscale wrote:
"Leon"lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Next I shim the false drawer front to the location I want it to be and
attach the false front to the drawer with screws through the predrilled
drawer pull holes. Open the drawer and place the 4 inside screws that
will be the permanent fasteners for the false drawer front. Remove the
drawer pull screws and finish drilling those holes completely through
and attach your pulls.

Ok, that method works well when using false drawer fronts. What method would
you use when you're building drawers that don't have false drawer fronts?
How would you properly align and fasten (or glue) a drawer front directly to
the drawer sides, say when you're using a lock miter bit?

I am not sure I understand the problem. Are you asking how to center
the "box" in the hole, top to bottom using mechanical slides?

If so, my first attempt would probably involve setting the cabinet half
of the slide in the hole, I always try to have a divider between the
drawers to provide a solid surface to index/set the front side of the
slide on.

Then I would put the drawer inside and shim it up from the bottom until
it was centered. I would remove it all and use the same shims to
recreate the spacing on the work bench and mount attach he drawer side
of the slide.