Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default Attaching drawer fronts the easy fast way

Upscale wrote the following:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

Next I shim the false drawer front to the location I want it to be and
attach the false front to the drawer with screws through the predrilled
drawer pull holes. Open the drawer and place the 4 inside screws that
will be the permanent fasteners for the false drawer front. Remove the
drawer pull screws and finish drilling those holes completely through
and attach your pulls.

Ok, that method works well when using false drawer fronts. What method would
you use when you're building drawers that don't have false drawer fronts?
How would you properly align and fasten (or glue) a drawer front directly to
the drawer sides, say when you're using a lock miter bit?

Who cares"? He did what he did and it's fine for him, and for me too.
Besides, it was a good way to align the drawer fronts to the drawer,
which can be a bitch..
The drawer fronts look perfectly aligned to me.
He's not making antique furniture.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY