Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default This is NOT a bath towel!

"Upscale" wrote in
:

I do have one problem with the domino. How do you handle dry fitting
with the dominos? Frequently, I've dry fitted pieces together and then
have a hell of a time getting them apart. I've resorted to keeping a
set of dominos available that I've sanded down a bit for use with the
dry fitting of parts and they're subsequent easy removal. Do you do
something similar or do you use another method for dry fitting?

I am rather a newbie in woodworking, and certainly a raw recruit to the
Domino, but found that a stroke or 2 with a very small handplane along the
narrow side of the loose tenons makes them much easier to dry fit and
remove. In my newbie opinion, the tight setting on the machine is very
tight, and the middle setting too loose. Thus, a gentle scraping of the
tenon does it for me (so far).

--
Best regards
Han