Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default This is NOT a bath towel!

Do not wash, dry or iron.

Attached Thumbnails
This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel1-jpg  This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel2-jpg  This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel3-jpg  This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel4-jpg  This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel5-jpg

This is NOT a bath towel!-bathtowel6-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Upscale" wrote in news:rD3op.8126$of7.256@en-nntp-
15.dc1.easynews.com:

Do not wash, dry or iron.

See what genetic engineering gets you - live bathtowels.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 4/9/2011 3:49 PM, Upscale wrote:

Do not wash, dry or iron.

Whatever it is, I hope if feels better about life than it looks.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Looks like a bath towel to me. Don't forget to feed it! : )

Bill
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

He should fire his taylor.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Makes me feel hot just looking at him. ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Makes me feel hot just looking at him. ;~)

Just have to be careful he doesn't get off the leash during his walks in
winter time.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote:

Do not wash, dry or iron.

---------------------------------
Gives a whole new meaning to BFU.

Lew

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Gives a whole new meaning to BFU.

BFU?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
news

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Gives a whole new meaning to BFU.

BFU?

Consult urban dictionary;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfu

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
news

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Gives a whole new meaning to BFU.

BFU?

Think so ugly that she was a two bagger.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
news

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Do not wash, dry or iron.

Gives a whole new meaning to BFU.

BFU?

BTY how is all that Festool stuff working out for you???

I discovered by accident a sand paper that holds up real well for removing
glue. I was doing the Domino drawer bathroom project, 23 drawers, and had
more than usual glue build up around all the exposed dominos. I normally
use the Ruben red paper but was having to replace one with each drawer. The
glue was really loading up the paper and making it useless. I tried some
Crystal Festool paper, it is recomended for removing paint. I thought,
hummmm paint gums up sand paper, I'll try it. I was able to sand 8~10
drawers before having to replace the Crystal paper. Basically 3 Crystal
disks lasted as long at 23 Ruben disks would have. Just thought I would let
you know.

Also I think the Crystal may be being replaced by a light blue paper so you
might want to look out for both if you are interested.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
BTY how is all that Festool stuff working out for you???

The domino is working out very nicely. The TS55 I exchanged for an HL850
back at the store I bought it. I'd never used it so there was no problem
exchanging it even though I'd had it several months. With the HL850, I
purchased the bench unit, the angle stop and a 36mm AS hose. It works great
with very little dust.

I do have one problem with the domino. How do you handle dry fitting with
the dominos? Frequently, I've dry fitted pieces together and then have a
hell of a time getting them apart. I've resorted to keeping a set of dominos
available that I've sanded down a bit for use with the dry fitting of parts
and they're subsequent easy removal. Do you do something similar or do you
use another method for dry fitting?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
BTY how is all that Festool stuff working out for you???

The domino is working out very nicely. The TS55 I exchanged for an HL850
back at the store I bought it. I'd never used it so there was no problem
exchanging it even though I'd had it several months. With the HL850, I
purchased the bench unit, the angle stop and a 36mm AS hose. It works great
with very little dust.

For almost the first year I did not use my saw, so to speak, Then earlier
this year I got a work out. Swingman and I have been working on a kitchen
redo and I cut up numerous sheets in my shop and on site with the 75. Then
there is the Murphy bed project that I am working on that involved numerous
sheets to be cut up. I have even used the track saw to straighten 10~12 S2S
boards.

I do have one problem with the domino. How do you handle dry fitting with
the dominos? Frequently, I've dry fitted pieces together and then have a
hell of a time getting them apart. I've resorted to keeping a set of dominos
available that I've sanded down a bit for use with the dry fitting of parts
and they're subsequent easy removal. Do you do something similar or do you
use another method for dry fitting?

LOL, I have found that if you use the smallest width/exact cut setting it
is almost impossible to remove the dominos after a dry fit. I more often
than not I use the middle sized slot cutting position on the dial, this
gives you some wiggle back and forth room. Additionally I have found that
the larger than 5 mm dominos tend to fit a bit more loosely.
Concerning all of that, I was gluing up a 60x83 panel, two plywood panels,
two rails, and three stiles, and 40 or so 6mm Dominos. I found some
Woodcraft brand dominos on the clearance table and bought several bags. I
used the WC 6 mm dominos on the above mentioned panel and found that they
seemed to be loose. I found during glue up that they ended up fitting about
as loosely as a biscuit and allowed for the top mating surfaces to slip. I
had to add extra clamps to insure that all the pieces on the front side were
all on the same plane.
Sooooo a tight fit is a good thing although it can require a bit of
planning ahead if dry fitting.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Upscale" wrote in
:

I do have one problem with the domino. How do you handle dry fitting
with the dominos? Frequently, I've dry fitted pieces together and then
have a hell of a time getting them apart. I've resorted to keeping a
set of dominos available that I've sanded down a bit for use with the
dry fitting of parts and they're subsequent easy removal. Do you do
something similar or do you use another method for dry fitting?

I am rather a newbie in woodworking, and certainly a raw recruit to the
Domino, but found that a stroke or 2 with a very small handplane along the
narrow side of the loose tenons makes them much easier to dry fit and
remove. In my newbie opinion, the tight setting on the machine is very
tight, and the middle setting too loose. Thus, a gentle scraping of the
tenon does it for me (so far).

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
LOL, I have found that if you use the smallest width/exact cut setting
it is almost impossible to remove the dominos after a dry fit. I more
often than not I use the middle sized slot cutting position on the dial,
this gives you some wiggle back and forth room.

One small project I worked on, I couldn't pull apart to do the glue up. I
tried clamping some boards to it and used those as handles to give me
increased pull in an attempt to get it apart. All I ended up doing was
dragging my wheelchair around. I had to wait several days for a friend to
come over and with our combined weight, we were able to get it apart without
damaging the cabinet. It was after that comedy sketch that I sanded down my
set of dry fit dominos.

One suggestion that I saw on the FOG was to microwave the dominos that one
is going to use for the dry fit. The microwaving removes moisture from the
dominos shrinking them to permit a looser fit. I haven't tried that idea yet
since my sanded dominos do the job, but it's something to consider at some
time in the future.