Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default question about banding

Using maple-veneered plywood I will have a bottom board and an upright
board. I was thinking of using a loose-tenon reinforced joint with a
rabbet in the bottom board. But then I will have about half of the
thickness of the plywood edge showing on the left side of the bottom board.
I was planning on using 1/4" thick maple banding for the plywood edges, but
removing a 1/4" inch from the rabbet edge (in red in the drawing) seems
like it would weaken the joint. Maybe I should use iron-on veneer here?

Opinions, please?

--
Best regards
Han