Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Tom Del Rosso[_3_] Tom Del Rosso[_3_] is offline

Default I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:27:33 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something
like that cost in a store?

I mean what would it cost to have it made.

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I
had, as were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a
bit more red. This dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and
about 10" higher. It holds more clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer
slides and pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and
Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

That's about what a Broyhill would cost, but it's not made that well. I
assume some of the posters here make furniture to order, but I never see a
link to anyone's website.

zero, and remove the last word.