Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (1/1)-chest_finished-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow, You must be a proud man with home built new furniture.
Very nice addition and like the patterns use, the decorative turnings,
beaded work and shelving......very nice.
john

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 03/26/2011 07:39 PM, wrote:

Nice Strat!
(The chest of drawers is just dandy too)

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:52:45 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

On 03/26/2011 07:39 PM, wrote:

Nice Strat!

Yes! It's a 50th anniversary American made model. Plays nice, stays in tune...
great guitar.

(The chest of drawers is just dandy too)

Thanks!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

What does it cost to buy something like that?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:27:33 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something like that
cost in a store?

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I had, as
were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a bit more red. This
dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and about 10" higher. It holds more
clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer slides and
pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 01:24:16 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"

wrote:

What does it cost to buy something like that?

Do you mean what did it cost me to build it, or what would something
like that cost in a store?

I mean what would it cost to have it made.

To start with, I didn't build the mirror, it's from the old dresser I
had, as were the feet. I cut them down a bit and re-stained them a
bit more red. This dresser is 10" narrower than the old one, and
about 10" higher. It holds more clothes by far due to design.

I used second grade pine, so the wood was around $100. The drawer
slides and pulls are Hettich and also cost around $100. Stain and
Varathane about $35.

To buy it in a store, solid pine, I'd guess $800 or more...

That's about what a Broyhill would cost, but it's not made that well. I
assume some of the posters here make furniture to order, but I never see a
link to anyone's website.

You could always ask the group...

I imagine you need to find someone close to you, shipping would be a bitch!

I finished the chest of drawers - Chest_finished.jpg (0/1) [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 March 27th 11 02:16 PM
Almost finished my large chest of drawers - Chest_of_drawers.jpg (1/1) [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 February 28th 11 09:44 PM
Almost finished my large chest of drawers - Chest_of_drawers.jpg (0/1) [email protected] Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 February 28th 11 07:42 AM
CHEST OF DRAWERS J T Woodworking 0 December 31st 05 01:25 AM
CHEST OF DRAWERS J T Woodworking 1 December 10th 04 05:01 AM