Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default I knew hippies, and these kids ain't hippies!

On 10/6/2011 2:43 PM, Snag wrote:

And components to make more ... And components to make components ... I
was always a warmonger .

Had a guy come by today looking for some prototypes and pre-production
work for large bore air rifles. By large bore, I mean .45 and up.
He demonstrated a .45 rifle, charging it via a bicycle style pump on
steroids, to around 2500 PSI. I had two 1" thick laminated particle
board cabinet tops headed for the dump, so leaned them up against each
other for a target. Lordy, it sounded almost as loud as a real firearm!
Punched a nice clean hole in the laminate on the first board, and a nice
big exit hole on the 2nd.

And it still had enough air for 2 more shots! These shoot the same
bullets as black powder rifles. So, couple of molds and a source of
lead, and you're shooting for as long as you can man the pump. (while
they can be hand charged, they usually use pressure tanks)

Here's one example, a Quackenbush .50
http://quackenbushairguns.com/bandit_1.html

This ain't yer daddy's Daisy!

Jon