Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default Nickel cadmium batteries & RoHS.

Ian Field wrote:
"Robert Baer" wrote in message
net...
Ian Field wrote:
"Martin Riddle" wrote in message
"Ian Field" wrote in message
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:
There are applications where NiMh won't work.
Like, any.

The NiCds in my shaver gave up and I tried replacing them with NiMh
cells,
just running on the bench the charge lasted about 2.5x what the user
manual said for the original batteries - but under load of actually
shaving the batteries got pretty warm, indicating that not all the
rated
2400mAh was ending up in the motor.

I was getting about 5 shaves per charge with NiMh - new NiCd give
somewhere between 15 & 20 shaves.
FWIW, I'll never ever waste my money on NiMH's again. Oh, at first,
they're
the bee's knees, but after only a few months of use, their shelf life
and
usable charge deteriorate to a matter of a few seconds.
Having found a couple of good NiCds for the shaver, the foil split.

The spare shaver I bought and never used for about 3 years uses NiMh
and didn't hold a charge the next time I plugged the charger in the
batteries got hot.

You need to buy an American product
Are Remington shavers American?

The ONLY American shavers are the Americans that are shaving...

Well it does have "made in China" stamped on the inside of the flip out
trimmer, but I thought Remington was an American firm.

Yes, it may well be an American firm, but as the saying goes, what
does that have to do with the price of rice in China?