Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Martin Riddle Martin Riddle is offline

Default Nickel cadmium batteries & RoHS.

"Ian Field" wrote in message

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:

There are applications where NiMh won't work.

Like, any.

The NiCds in my shaver gave up and I tried replacing them with NiMh
cells,
just running on the bench the charge lasted about 2.5x what the user
manual said for the original batteries - but under load of actually
shaving the batteries got pretty warm, indicating that not all the
rated
2400mAh was ending up in the motor.

I was getting about 5 shaves per charge with NiMh - new NiCd give
somewhere between 15 & 20 shaves.

FWIW, I'll never ever waste my money on NiMH's again. Oh, at first,
they're
the bee's knees, but after only a few months of use, their shelf life
and
usable charge deteriorate to a matter of a few seconds.

Having found a couple of good NiCds for the shaver, the foil split.

The spare shaver I bought and never used for about 3 years uses NiMh
and didn't hold a charge the next time I plugged the charger in the
batteries got hot.

You need to buy an American product..... with out batteries

Cheers