Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Logic Question

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:27:41 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

On 03/08/2011 11:30 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:

I trying to simultaneously get Q and Qbar with equal delay.

I'm concluding the best I can do is fudge some sizing to somewhat
equalize delay paths.

Oh, much better would be to make a differential driver circuit. I'd
suggest some relevant chips, but I think you said you were building it
from primitives.

Jon

I'm doing a high-speed 3.3V to 5V translator, where "5V" may be just
about anywhere 3V to 5.5V ;-)

But I think I've figured out a way to avoid the funny "lumpy" risetime
I'm seeing. Looks like, rather than perfect delay match, sequencing
delay mismatch depending on transition direction may smooth it out.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |