Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Nico Coesel Nico Coesel is offline

Default RJ11 Jack, Panel-mount, ROUND HOLE

Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:44:25 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 06:20:55 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:11:44 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

RJ11 Jack, Panel-mount, ROUND HOLE

Does such a thing exist?

I'm not much good at cutting square holes in panels ;-)

...Jim Thompson

---
I haven't read through the thread but, if no one has else suggested
it, why not nibble out the opening for a snap-in jack in a
square/rectangular piece of 0.062" aluminum, FR-4, etc., then drill 4
mounting holes at its corners, a clearance hole in the ABS box for
the rear of the jack, mounting holes for the panel, and put the thing
together with machine screws?

---
JF

I think he found a solution with this little fellah

http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=2690

Yup. Already ordered.

Now if I could only find some 7mm x 12mm proto board :-(

I found an ancient piezo "ringer" schematic, converted it to 74HCxxx
and added gating. Simulates per the typical tone frequencies, so that
looks good....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/RingOscNew_Wiring.pdf

And I'm close on the processing logic to answer/hang-up on 800-number
callers.

Back in the good old days when I still had ISDN I made an anynomous
caller rejector out of an ISDN board and an old VCD player to play a
recorded message from a CD recordable.

If I have ISDN again, I'll put together a 'press 1 for...' menu with
Asterisk.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)