Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default DP3T Switch?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:12:33 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"m II" wrote in message
None of those are DP3T. The sliders only bridge the nearest two contacts and
do not function as the OP requested.

Hmm... I see. I mean, those *are* "on-on-on" "DP3T" switches
(http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...SWITCH/1.html),
but I expect you're correct that they're not what Jim is after given that he
was thinking toggle switches as well.

I'll be interested to see if we can find a DP3T switch of the kind Jim is
after; seems like it is pretty unusual.

---
Jim asked for _either_ a slide switch or a toggle switch, so the DP3T
ones you showed were fine.

Toggles are harder to find, but there are some out there.

Here's a few:

http://www.mouser.com/Electromechani...h+Function%7c1

---
JF