Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default DP3T Switch?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:55:42 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:02:12 -0500, "Oppie" wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I can't seem to locate a DP3T switch, toggle or slide that has
ON-ON-ON

I was looking for a 6 pole, double throw relay with 48V coil to replace some
that went flaky in our elevator control panel. They're obsolete and if you
can find them at all, run about $75 each. Found some with a different
footprint and may have to make an adaptor board...
This is for the elevator in my office and I'd just as soon replace the
entire rack of clackedy-clacks with a simple PLC (if only the maintenance
company hadn't stolen the system wiring diagram).

Why not use 3 X DPDT or 2 X 3PDT?

Should be a lot cheaper than $75...

Here's a pretty nice one; DPDT contacts rated for 250VAC @ 5A, 48V
11mA coil, @2.99 each, qty 1.

$9 VS $75 is pretty much a no-brainer, huh?

---
Oops...

It's at:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=255-1119-ND