Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Maple and Purple Heart Bowl - P1240065.jpg (0/1)

?
"Ray" wrote in message
I am fairly new to wood turning. Here is a picture of a segmented
bowl still on the lathe. I am having a problem with the purple heart
tearing out on the trailing edge. It only happens on the inside of
the bowl. It is not a major defect but would be interested in a way
of preventing it.

Step by step pictures of how it was done can be seen at:

ray80538.home.comcast.net/~ray80538/SegmentedBowl/segbowl.html

Link cannot be made to work as is for me.

Interesting bowl. I'd like to see a couple of more views. The glue up looks
well done.