Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Astronauts to be renamed to cosmonavts

Richard wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

Richard wrote:

NASA jobs are almost entirely here on earth.
Good jobs too. Research, engineering, manufacturing.
(If you are into that kind of stuff)

Money spent on NASA disproportionately neglects the needs of liberal arts
majors who aren't qualified to participate.

Liberal arts majors who aren't qualified to do anything, except work
the counter of some fast food places.

And feed the researchers, scientist and engineers!
See? Everybody had a job.

I thought it was a bit odd that the first economic turn-down in the 70s
came just after NASA was throttled back.

Thousands of highly skilled (and well paid) engineers and production
people were laid off - and then the economy tanked.

Gee, why would that happen???

Every Liberal action has an unfortunate reaction.

Sounds a bit like Newton.

Every action has an (unfortunate) reaction?

But...

For what it's worth...

I don't believe most of the "conservatives" I know are really
conservatives. Many are simply bigots who go by a better name.

And the "liberals" are often "me-firsters".

I truly believe that the time is coming when all this politically
(in)correctness will slough away and people will call things as the
really are.

And it's coming soon...

Welcome to the Twenty-First Century!