Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Astronauts to be renamed to cosmonavts

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:40:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
On 10/5/2011 11:30 PM, Ignoramus28169 wrote:
I have been thinking about this. Getting people into orbit is, well,
rocket science, but all ingredients in it are well known.

So, how come we have to ask the Russians to send our cosmonavts into
orbit? What if the Congress asks NASA to design a very reliable, but
basic, people launching system, with disposable spacecraft? NASA can
surely do it? WTF?

Surely.

But Congress doesn't want to PAY for it...

Obama cancelled it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_program

After all, the money should be spent here on Earth to create jobs.

Yeah, he's done a bang-up job here on that, hasn't he? Now they're
going after defaulted student loans. Loans they can't repay because
there are no jobs. Default is up to 15% this year.
http://goo.gl/Bxo5P

I wonder why he doesn't have GE audited and start paying taxes. Their
share should be 100 times what the student loan defaults come to.

And maybe have the gov't (IRS, SSA, and who else?) stop payments to
dead people? Senator Coburn's report http://goo.gl/8Sl8S shows over
$1 billion paid in the last decade or so.

--
I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
--Duke Ellington