Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default The UK Guild of Handymen

On 02/10/2011 13:42, F wrote:
On 01/10/2011 15:11 The Medway Handyman wrote:

Anyone care to try the postcode search & see if you know whoever it
brings up?

I'm in the north-west of Leeds. Nearest was 2 miles, furthest 33 miles,
none of them members and never heard of any of them.

I am in Keighley and probably got much the same selection of 20 but my
closest are 2 in Bradford at 8 miles with the nearest Leeds one at 10.
Furthest away was one in Manchester at 30 miles (as the crow flies but
considerably more by the fastest route). I wonder how much his call-out
fee would be.

Oh well. Since I had the stone roof on my barn turned back in 1981 I
have only needed the services of a builder twice so I don't suppose I
will ever need to employ a handyman.
--
Roger Chapman