Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15921 Ignoramus15921 is offline

Default Astronauts to be renamed to cosmonavts

On 2011-10-06, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
On 10/5/2011 11:30 PM, Ignoramus28169 wrote:
I have been thinking about this. Getting people into orbit is, well,
rocket science, but all ingredients in it are well known.

So, how come we have to ask the Russians to send our cosmonavts into
orbit? What if the Congress asks NASA to design a very reliable, but
basic, people launching system, with disposable spacecraft? NASA can
surely do it? WTF?

Surely.

But Congress doesn't want to PAY for it...

Obama cancelled it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_program

After all, the money should be spent here on Earth to create jobs.

jsw

I thought that Constellation was for trips far away from the Earth?