Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default LED Headlamp Suggestions Sought

On Oct 3, 2:42*pm, Erik wrote:
Hi,

I'm in the market for a good quality LED headlamp.

I'm here looking for suggestions as to good build quality, bright
'flood' illumination that renders colors correctly, long battery life
(preferably from 2, not three cells) and resistance to 'real world'
dirt/crud, water & mechanical shock.

Any and all suggestions, comments, warnings etc are more than welcome!

Thanks all,

Erik

Good luck on the 2 cell bit, most lights that use white LEDs will take
3, if not 4, alkalines. Only way around the voltage requirements of
white LEDs is to use lithium cells or a more formal inverter power
supply($$$ and heavier). Also good luck with accurate color
rendering, most are somewhat bluish in cast.

Have a look at what Bass Pro and Cabela's carries. I've seen some at
the local Sportman's warehouse, most only had 3 LEDs at most, hardly
"floodlight".

I've got an HF flashlight that I bought on special and with coupon
that has 100 LEDs, that one qualifies for "floodlight". Uses 4 AA
cells, though. Could be rigged with a head harness, have seen those
for use with regular flashlights. Good enough for looking for downed
deer after dark.

Sounds like what you want is a hat covered with LEDs.

Stan