Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slicing a big (12.5" diameter) "rod" of metal

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 13:53:59 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Spehro Pefhany fired this volley in
:

Other than buying a huge $8-10K horizontal or guillotine bandsaw, can
you guys think of any way of slicing a 12.5" diameter cylinder of
metal stock into 2-4" thick disks? I don't really care if it takes all
day to do it. This would get used once in a blue moon. Weight of the
piece is probably more than 700lb.

Buy it already cut!

Why doesn't he just jig up his Force Blade knife and power it up to
make the cuts in a few seconds each?

(Can you tell I just finished David Weber's _In Fury Born_? Wow, what
an exciting book!)

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra