Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED Headlamp Suggestions Sought

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 13:42:43 -0700, Erik wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the market for a good quality LED headlamp.

I'm here looking for suggestions as to good build quality, bright
'flood' illumination that renders colors correctly, long battery life
(preferably from 2, not three cells) and resistance to 'real world'
dirt/crud, water & mechanical shock.

Any and all suggestions, comments, warnings etc are more than welcome!

Thanks all,

Erik

http://www.surefire.com/SaintMinimusHS2-A-BK

This one is pricey, but it purely kicks butt for task lighting where
tasks are at arms' length as opposed to hiking -- although it does OK
for that too. It's amazing.

Anybody looking for anything that resembles a flashlight might be
interested in http://www.candlepowerforums.com.