Andy Hall

Default Range cooker recommendations?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:11:53 -0400, "Chris Harris"
wrote:

I've got a Rayburn going spare. Not sure of the model, but 1960's vintage.
Left-hand firebox (right-hand chimney), buyer collects from Stanley Falkland
Islands ;-)

Available as soon as I get the new gas or electric (haven't decided which
yet) in. I'm following this thread with interest as I intentend to look at
various range cookers when I vist England next month. I like the idea of a
range style gas/electric hybrid cooker to replace the Rayburn.

I was brought up on Rayburns using solid fuel (peat) and think that anyone
that uses solid fuel as their prime cooking/heating source is a romantic
fool, or has too much time on their hands. The house I have just bought has
a Rayburn that has been converted to kero. It does the cooking and hot
water. There is a separate diesel boiler for CH.

CJH

Try contacting the British Antarctic Survey people. I know they have
an Aga, that quite rightly they view with due reverence.

I'm thinking that Fedexing your Rayburn there would cost a bit less
than to the northern hemisphere......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl