Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Finally got it done

On Oct 1, 9:47 am, wrote:
Well, I asked a lot of questions here, an...

Thanks again for the guidance

Jim

Bold choice on the top material and color. You get extra points for
that. Way better than any vanilla approach you could have used.

Question: Did you use floating tenons for the apron to leg joint? I
see pins in both sides of the joint. One of my gripes with floating
tenons is that unless you do pin both sides it does not have the same
mechanical integrity asa pinned traditional M&T joint.

I recall FWW did a mechanical destruction lab test(+) a number of years
ago. W/O looking it up, my recollection is that the difference was
essentially noise; it certainly wasn't any major difference.

(+) They manufactured various joints from simple lap to full M&T in
their shop and took them to a uni lab (I want to say Case Western) where
the loading tests/measurements were done in one of their labs. It was
pretty well done as opposed to some of the writer-submitted homebrew
setups that often lack either control or decent measurement techniques,
etc., ...