Posted to sci.electronics.repair
chuck chuck is offline

Default Any opinions, experiences with Best Buy store brand Dynex HDTV's?

On Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:45:42 -0700 (PDT), muzician21
wrote:

There are some good prices on Dynex (Best Buy house brand) TV's right
now. They're at the bargain end, though I read they're made by LG. Are
they certifiable crap or decent? Not really concerned with esoteric
picture issues and don't care about onboard sound as I plan on using
other speakers, mostly interested in durability. The similarly priced
Emerson's from Walmart seem to have very hit and miss reliability, the
online reviews I've read for Dynex seem to be better. Hoping
electronics savvy folks here will have some insights as to the
components.

Is there a particular brand you regard as being as close to
bulletproof as you're going to get with an HDTV?

Thanks for any input.

I can't vouch for Dynex. However, we use an Insignia (Best Buy's other
house brand) 32" monitor in an operation where it is on from 8 AM
until 10 PM every weekday for 2 years now. It hasn't had any problems
and has an very good picture. Chuck