Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Upside - down saber saw?

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:03:49 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Mike Spencer wrote:
writes:

I think it would be ultra kewl to make a garden gate
with one of Lemony Snicket's deliciously creepy
Evil Eyes featured near the top.

--Winston

Where on-line do I find a pic of those particular creepy Evil Eyes?

Some wonderful 'eye' image files come up as search
results of 'Steampunk evil eye':
http://goo.gl/6LXTz

Cat's eye! Gets my vote.

(I've heard of Lemony Snicket but never read/saw the books/flicks or
whatever.)

I found the film _A Series Of Unfortunate Events_
quite entertaining. The end of the sequence
_The letter that never came_ is Violet Baudelaire
reading a letter that finally arrives from her
murdered parents. It reduced me to babbling
tears. It ends:

I was pleasantly surprised to _like_ a Jim Carey movie. He's a great
comedian when he's not being a total ass.

"At? times the world can seem an unfriendly and
sinister place. But believe us when we say there
is much more good in it than bad. All you have
to do is look hard enough. And what seems to be
a series of unfortunate events, may in fact, be
the fist steps of a journey."

Yeah, that was a good one.

I did a jeweler's workbench once: exotic wood top, legs/ends embodied
creepy eyes in metal but more giggly than Evil -- sort of Kilroy Was
Here meets Henry Moore. I don't think I have a pic.

Sounds very cool!
Post a link if you do run across a pic, please.

I never understood what people saw in Moore's carvings.

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra